Extra Curricular Activities
At Kineton High School learning extends beyond the classroom. Students are encouraged to participate in a range of exciting opportunities that build skills and provide valuable lessons for life.
Out of hours learning at school includes a range of activities such as a variety of Sports clubs, English and Maths support, Homework Club, Science Club, Debate Club and our popular Musical Theatre Society and Vocal Society. Our enrichment week in July provides opportunities for a range of rich and varied visits and activities.
Last year Kineton students travelled to Peru, America and Europe. Other opportunities include: The Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme, Engineering Education Scheme, Geography and History field trips, theatre visits to see productions such as ‘The Woman in Black’, visits to see sports events such as Rugby Union Autumn Internationals and Premiership Rugby League games.
During 2018/19 trips included:
- Peru – a month-long trip to Peru with Camps International which included a 5 day trek to Machu Piccu. Students also did project work to support local communities.
- A cultural visit to New York that took in sights such as the Museum of Modern Art, Ground Zero and Liberty Island
- Geography field trips to Bourton–on-the-Water, Bishop’s Wood Field Studies Centre in Worcester and Preston Montford, Shrewsbury
- Linguistic and cultural visits to Nantes in France and Valencia and Granada in Spain
- An outdoor adventure activity-based trip to Devon
- Digital School House trip to the E-games final
- Art and Photography trips to London and Oxford
Students also visited the Big Bang Science Fair, Black Country Museum, Cadbury World, The Houses of Parliament and British Motor Museum.