Students who are self-isolating need to access remote learning via Teams.
Our Remote Learning Policy can be found under the policies section.
Read letter - Consolidation Day 10th February 2021
If you’re up to date with all of your work, and can answer any of the review questions set by departments as part of the consolidation day work well done!
The following tasks are aimed at providing you with the opportunity to challenge yourself in a variety of different ways. You can select from the options below:
Years 7-9 – reading challenge
Your English teachers will have gone through this with you. Use this as an opportunity to access the online library resource that is available:
- Log in to the online library at https://kinetonhighschool.eplatform.co and use your normal school log in details that you would use to log in to a school computer.
- Choose a book and start reading.
- When you have finished reading, log in to Accelerated reader using your Accelerated Reader log in details (username: first name, space, surname; password: abc) and complete a quiz.
Have a look at the Humanities challenge.
This is aimed at getting you thinking about current events (the pandemic) and how this links to the humanities subjects (history, geography and RE). Be creative in your responses!
The National Theatre Resource
Make the most of the opportunity to see some free ‘live’ theatre. Parents/carers will have received the log in details to the National Theatre online. Please check the letter for guidance and remember that there are some plays that are rated 15+. Recommended performances for each year group are below:
- Year 7 and 8 - Peter Pan / Treasure Island
- Year 9 and 10 - Macbeth
- Year 11 students taking A Level Literature and our current A Level Literature yr12 and 13- Othello.
- Year 11 students considering A Level Drama and our current A Level Drama students - One Man Two Guvnors
Make Lunch for your family.
Email photos to Ms Jordan to judge the most impressive. It can be as simple as a posh toasted sandwich or something that is more skillful.
Here is a link to some inspiration:
Presentation is the key. Sides, sauces, salads and wedges are all worth considering.